2014-09-07

07.09.14

It's soon 10 o'clock on a Sundays night. And I'm sitting in front of my laptop with coffee and a pile of books. I have realised that some of my classmates have started using their blogs to actually write about school and what we have learnt the first week so I thought I would do it too. First of all, this week have been so fast, I can't believe week 2 of being a game design student is starting tomorrow. It's both exciting but also very frightening.
     I haven't really talked anything about myself, I came to GAME directly from high school so everything is new. I'm not used to having lectures and having this much responsibility over my schoolwork. Not only university is new for me, the whole thing about having my own apartment, living by myself, having to pretend to be a grown up. I moved to Gotland two weeks and I still gets lost on my way home. So it's not weird that I'm feeling on edge, this is a new place with a lot of new people. It's scary and I feel so young, small in this world but I know I'm in the right place, this is what I have wanted to do for a while now.
     This program was first on my application for university, why I picked Uppsala University I can't explain. I just knew I had to go here. I'm glad that everything I did in school helped me to end up here. Like most of my classmates games is a big interest. But apart from games I love art, fashion, architecture, films, everything that have something with design to do. I believe it's easier for a game designer to not only be interested in games and can find inspiration from walking in a museum or looking at the catwalk. Where I am today I can't program anything at all, I hardly know how games works. But that's changing.
     The first weeks lectures have been about taking games apart, trying to see the objects and how everything works in a relationship. It's the first step to understanding game systems, I'm trying to read as much as I can to make sure I understand the basics. That reminds me that I should stop writing and going back to study some more before I have to go to bed. About this blog, I'm gonna try to write something once a week about myself and how I'm doing in school. Other posts is gonna be more about my assignments and hopefully I can share some of my work here.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar